Monday, October 11, 2010

Chen Zhen

hi blog

Spent my Sunday watching "Legend of the Fist: Return of Chen Zhen" on the computer. Many of my friends criticised the show for the lack of fight/action scenes. However I think its few japanese-face smashing scenes were just enough.

Donnie Yen doubled as a Gentleman/Rake who spends his time in a hellfire club and as a masked face-smasher at night. I like how he emulated the trademark Bruce Lee squeals at the final dojo fight scene, where he defeat a bunch of japanese martial art students. If you have the same hidden dislike for Japanese's involvement in WW2 as me, you might love this show a lot (hehe).

Legend of the Fist is a good movie to watch but it recycled too much of the WW2 Japanese war crimes theme (oh wait, can't blame the directors... blame it on Jap's bad reputation during ww2 heh).

bye blog

No comments: