Sunday, March 28, 2010

bad saturday

hi blog

Woo I'm getting better that restringing my guitar. Looks great now.

Went for my friends' dance performance yesterday at Lucky Plaza... Dumb place to perform. I thought I was sucked into the Philippines. Crappy place, crappy setlist = crappy performance. Stage was too small.

One thing that opened my eyes was this particular (only) rock band.

Formed by 4 middle aged uncles. They looked very normal, no rockstar punkass attitude. They played mainly 70s-80s rock, like Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. Awesome energy (considering their age) and vocals. A pity was that... their setlist kinda suck. Which song by Black Sabbath should anybody play in a cover gig? Iron Man lah! Sian, they played Warpigs instead... Sad.

Glad to see those uncles enjoy themselves, however it was a pity that the audience was made up of teenagers who most likely wouldn't know what the hell they're singing. Guess those uncles were there to make up for those days when they were young and ready to rock... but reality pulls them back. Hah, I think I might be there when I'm at their age too... hahhhh.

bye blog

No comments: