Tuesday, March 1, 2011

End of IAP

hi blog

Hurray for the end of IAP!

IAP was hell of a good experience for me. Working in a tech startup, all foreigners and IN NUS is totally awesome. Bet no one else had the same experiences as me (muwahaha).

The first few days in office was kind of a culture shock for me (considering I'm used to having singaporeans around me). I was not used to interacting with them (mandarin mostly), but I got used to it after a while. In the end, we begin learning more about each other's culture (or whats left of it, lol) and history.

I admit I was a little bit xenophobic at the start but hey, who isn't!? When I tell my friends that I worked in a company with me as the only citizen, their reaction was expectable haha. But really, its not as bad as it seems. In fact it was a very refreshing experience. Working in a startup, where theres not really a defined corporate structure. Carefree and relaxed because everyone is a friend!

And the more awesome part is, I work in NUS! Central hub of all the smarties in Singapore! Hope this won't be my last time visiting NUS... Hais (uni-application...) Haha. And yes, this is my first official job. I've clocked zero seconds in any jobs, nuttah. Had a farewell pizza dinner during my last day and I gave out chocolates to everybody :D!

bye blog

No comments: